Like Button

Friday, January 20, 2012

Knowing it's 5 o'clock....somewhere...

Lets start out by letting out a HUGE whoop! TGIF!!! (for those of us still at work inevitably this whoop must be done silently in our heads)

Kudos to anyone who has managed to last the week...Like I said yesterday, I have resolved myself to taking each day one at a time like a drunk, and so I guess I should start out by saying.....

Hello, My name is Elizabeth, and I'm a recovering mother, recovering from the stress of melted crayons in the backseat, recovering from the 2 am nights working on Science dioramas, recovering from the he-said-she-said of the hollers from the backseat and my inability to reach at least one with my Tyrannosaurus arms (which as luck would have it both my kids inherited).  Recovering from the "baby weight" when my daughter's almost 9, recovering from the scheduling conflicts that somehow don't make it onto my anal-retentive dry erase calendar...I am recovering and surviving from the trials and tribulations of motherhood, adulthood, sisterhood..hell, life, and today I am here to tell you it can be done....

One of the things I keep harping on in the new year (of the total 3 consecutive days I have blogged) is that if I can change myself which is the most difficult challenge I have taken on in my life beside motherhood, I can do just about anything I put my mind to....Now mind you, this could very well be a heightened sense of self confidence brought on by the fact that I have made it Day 19 in my flirtation with the vegan lifestyle, and I feel like I am Lance Armstrong and just made the last stretch before winning my...whatever number Tour de France....I mean the man's unstoppable, kayaking in the Amazon with Woody Harrelson, and other uber famous celebs who epitomize the whole "clean" living thing....


I know, I know...Its 21 days, and one friggin diet which cannot hold a candle to marathon training and let us not forget, battling testicular cancer....but for me its a tremendous feat nevertheless.

With a clearer head, a hum and skip in my step because I have actually completed something for the first time in a long time without using sleep deprivation, children or work as an excuse to back out, and as a result I feel motivated to complete more today, to make this a prosperous Friday! Me and my Pollyanna self are kicking ass and taking names at work with our anthem for the day, 'Bitch" by Meredith Brooks (what the hell happened to her? such promise....) blaring in our headphones, and as I sit here in my claustrophobic cubicle which today doesn't seem so claustrophobic, I feel hopeful.....Hopeful that I can survive until 5 o'clock and hit that door with my head held high because it isn't what I do, but how much I put into it that is the measure of my self worth, and all these assholes will still be assholes come Monday....Hopeful that I can keep this inner peace journey going, and that along the way I make some enlightening discoveries. And friends. Hopeful that by doing this, choosing to add, create or find more depth, more sustenance to my life and self, I show my children that we are what we do with our life...and I want them to be AMAZING. And how the fuck can I ask my kids to be amazing if I don't set the bar high, and at least try and be amazing myself?? Right???

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the gallons of Blue Bell didn't eat themselves, so I take each day one at a time, and I have made it half way through this one...how bout you?

Now here's the punchline to the whole thing today...Here's to that disgruntled worked sitting in a bar somewhere...hopefully drinking an organic wine or wheat ale for me, and realizing that there is more to life than just surviving....there is living, and I plan to do a hell a lot of that and keep you posted right here...

P.S.-I have a newly brewing story which I will try and post later this afternoon or evening...thoughts and comments would be awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment